Friday, March 21, 2014

The Wrap on Seaweed!

Have you ever had a seaweed wrap done? Last week at Genesis, we had a body treatment training and I was the chosen one for a Seaweed Wrap...(yay me!). To be honest, I had no idea what I was getting myself into because I never really knew anything about seaweed (except it tastes great in my sushi, lol). So I did some research and wanted to share the knowledge I gained about Seaweed Wraps.  

1.       Detoxifies: When the warm paste is put on your body it opens up your pores and starts to make you sweat to release the toxins out. Those toxins are then washed away when the water rinses you clean. 

2.       Removes dead skin and moisturizes Dead skin prevents your body from absorbing moisture. While you sweat during a seaweed wrap, not only are toxins removed from the body but dead skin is loosened as well. The seaweed itself is chock full of proteins, vitamins, minerals and lipids that easily soak into the skin to add moisture while removing unnecessary junk!

3.       Improves skin elasticity and regeneration: Over time, your skin loses the ability to stretch and return to normal...(the joys of aging I guess). This can lead to stretch marks and wrinkles. Seaweed contains antioxidants, essential fatty acids and vitamin A, all of which can help to rebuild the elasticity of the skin. It also makes your skin softer by increasing blood flow to its surface, regenerates damaged skin cells, produces collagen to firm and tone the skin and reduces the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines...(yes, yes and more yes!)

4.       Reduces cellulite and improves body contouring: If you’ve recently lost weight and have excess skin, a seaweed wrap can help with body contouring. It aids in shaping the excess skin so it’s smoother and less noticeable by direct diffusion of vitamins and minerals. Additionally, if cellulite is a problem, a seaweed wrap may help reduce the undesirable marks it leaves on the skin.
So as you can see, the benefits definitely are worth trying this treatment out. I absolutely love how my skin feels as I'm typing this so I am definitely a believer. Plus, if you mention the Beauty Blog, you can save $30 on your service! (who doesn't love a savings?!?)



P.S. I would love to know what you think about Seaweed Wraps! Feel free to leave me a comment.

No comments:

Post a Comment